My Killing Jumper
I'm so excited! I have finished my version of the famous jumper from The Killing.
I worked out the pattern myself, based on several helpful notes on Ravelry, from others who had worked out their own patterns. The motif pattern I used can be found here.
My jumper uses Drop's Eskimo, which is a super bulky 100% wool, and 8mm needles. Resulting in a very quick (two weeks) and very satisfying project. I worked the jumper from the top down, with raglan increases.
I made a bit of a mess of carrying the charted motif across the raglan increase, even though the charted included details of how to work this out. Its not too bad, but if I was making this again I would take a bit more care with it.
Because of the number of stitches I needed for the body, the pattern repeat of 15 stitches didn't fit exactly, so I made a slightly modification on each side, see right.
When I stared on the sleeves I realised I had 34 stitches, so I put in a couple of decrease rows in before I got to the first motif row, so that the pattern would fit round the sleeve exactly.
All in all, I love this jumper. I really enjoyed knitting it, and I'm very pleased I've managed to work out a pattern all by myself, which has resulted in a wearable item! I'm wearing it as I type, and its like having a constant giant warm hug, it is just so cosy :)
Here I am, doing my best Sarah Lund impression. And as the cold winter weather has arrived in Dublin this week, all I need is some gritty Scandinavian mystery to get my teeth into!