Getting started

I was complaining last week that I had lost my crafting mojo. Well this weekend it and my sewing machine (which has been for a service) both came back.

I spent most of Sunday afternoon working on Colette's Macaron Dress, using some cotton lawn fabric from Dubai - its two parts of a Salwar Karmeez set. The third part being a matching shawl, which I think might be a bit much if I wear them all together. The body of the dress will be in the flowered pink, with the contrast yolk and sleeves in plain pink. Its going to be quite a summer-time dress, but making it has at least brought some brightness to winter days.


I've also started on a new knitting project; the Acer cardigan using some Kerry Woolen Mills yarn I picked up on my visit to Kerry last summer. 

But enough about me. I've also been sharing my love of knitting with some of the girls I work with, who have asked me to teach them how to knit.  We are a is Miss A, who after failed attempts at learning to knit in the past, has now succeeded and produced this fantastic cowl.

It's made from two balls of Drops Eskimo, a pair of 9mm needles, a slightly modified pattern from ravelry and, in this case, not too much blood, sweat and tears!


Comments