Ts for one

I mentioned earlier in the week that I had realised I was a bit short on tops, so deciding to take the bull by the horns I've ordered myself a couple of Sewaholic Patterns. I started on the first one, Renfrew, this weekend.

Renfrew is a t-shirt pattern, with three options; round neck, v-neck and cowl neck, and three sleeve length options; short, mid-length and full length. All of which are interchangeable.

I tested out renfrew with some floral jersey I've had in my stash for ages, and have never found a use for. I decided on the round neck option, and short sleeves - partly because of a lack of fabric.

This is the first Sewaholic Pattern I've used, and I was really impressed. The instructions are very clear and easy to follow, and it took just a couple of hours to whip up. I'm pleased with the fit and I like the use of a wide band of fabric at the bottom, it gives the top better length, and stops it riding up. My main issue is I don't really like the fabric that much and am not sure how often I will wear this top.

I finished the t-shirt on Saturday morning, and on Saturday afternoon headed into town to go to the cinema. (Avengers Assemble - in case you are interested, and it was really good fun.) Now Dublin Woollen Mills is not exactly on the way from my house to the cinema but its not far out of it, so it seemed a shame not to drop in. I picked up a bit of striped jersey in their closing down sale, and have just cut out my second renfrew. Mid-length sleeves and a cowl neck this time - which should make good use of the nice drape of the fabric.


Comments

  1. Oooh - I like that pattern! I can't really picture it with a cowl neck though (utter lack of imagination on my part :) but the fabric is really nice and drape-y alright, so that should work well! Are you going to wear it Friday? Would love to see it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment