In the pink

Having stood on the edge of my sewing precipice last week, I have now taken the plunge and launched into making jogging bottoms. And deciding that I might as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb, I've decided to  make jogging bottoms, a matching hoddie and a t-shirt.

The dark grey jersey is from Murphy Sheehy, where it was on special offer, the pink jersey is a remnant I found in a charity shop some months ago. I thought the pink would be nice on the inside of the hood and pockets, and for the t-shirt too. The pink spotted ribbon was an impulse buy when I was picking up the zip from The Cloth Shop, it was too perfect a match to resist.

Fully equipped I settled down on Sunday morning to do my cutting out. It took forever! It wasn't until afterwards that I realised I had actually cut out three garments in one go, so it perhaps wasn't surprising it took so long.

I started on the t-shirt, as I thought it would be easiest and quickest. Also I could practice working with jersey on this project, and if I messed up it wouldn't be the end of the world.


What do you think? Not to shabby I reckon. My only complaint would be the top is a little on the short side. In fact I added a bit to the length before I cut the pieces, and would have added more again if I had any more fabric. Maybe it was just the trousers I was wearing at the time, and it will be better when I've made the jogging bottoms.

Comments

  1. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment