What have I been up to?

I've not blogged much recently, and nothing at all on what  I am working on, but I have been both knitting and sewing.

I mentioned last month I was hoping to make Simplicity 3673, a reprint on a 1950s pattern out of black corduroy, but I was having trouble finding corduroy in Dublin. Murphy Sheehy said they would order some in for me, but I've not heard from them. Just as I was giving up hope, I was pricing the donations for the HandmAid charity sale last month, and what did I come? 2 meters of black corduroy, perfect!

I started on this project over the long weekend, and have the top done. It doesn't look like much at the moment, in fact it looks like a rather oddly shaped cropped top, but I'm hoping it will turn out alright in the end.


I've also been knitting away, I've started on The Perfect Christmas Jumper from Susan Crawford's Vintage Gifts. 

I've had the book for a couple of years and have always meant to make this jumper, but normally only remember about it just before Christmas when there is not enough time to get it knitted. 

This year I was rather better organised and I hope to have this little number ready to wear on Christmas Day. I've started on the front, and am working my way up the reindeer's legs. 

I'm using Drops Baby Merino (from the Constant Knitter) which I love. Its beautifully soft, so nice to work with and wear, and its also machine washable - so eminently practical!






Comments

  1. That's looking good!

    I also have a christmas jumper on my knitting list for years now! But someday I will have one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment