Me Made May 2017

Hello! It has been a while, but I'm back.

Today is May Day, a traditional day of celebration of spring and the start of Me Made May 2017. It seemed a good day to get back into the habit of blogging, so here I am.

Me Made May is a celebration of wearing and loving your handmade wardrobe, and although I've taken part before my participation has always tailed off towards the end of the month. This year I'm going to try harder.

My resolution is a simple one;

I, Hazwool, will endeavour to wear at least one item of handmade clothing every day for the duration of May 2017.

Pretty easy, no? But, I'm keeping it simple for two reasons. I want to use the month to see where to gaps are in my handmade wardrobe. I also want to push myself to get those handmade items which have been lingering in the back of wardrobe out and give them an airing.

I've started the month with a full Me Made outfit


The dungarees are made from the fabric from my January SewHayleyJane box, using Pauline Alice's pattern. They are the second pair I've made using this pattern and are extremely comfortable. I made the top to go with them, and finished it just in time to wear today.

Lets hope the rest of the month goes as well!

Comments

  1. Glad to see you back blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to daily update (with photos !) of each day's handmade item.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am curious to see how each 'handmade' gestures towards your dailiness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment