Seasonal Knitting

I've come to the conclusion that I am not great at seasonal knitting, my problem being that I always seem to be knitting for the current season not the next one. My most recent example being this nice little crop cardi, perfect for autumnal winds and rain!


So I decided to think ahead and whip up some autumn/winter warmers, the first being a new scarf. I made a hat and scarf from the wool (Noro Blossom) a couple of years ago and although I love the hat and wear it all the time, I never wear the scarf. So i ripped it back and started again.


And the result? The temperatures have gone back up, and it is more suited to the cardi than the scarf! I just can't win!


Pattern:  Cropped Cardi with leaf ties from Fitted Knits
Yarn:       4 balls of Patons Promise DK (discontinued)
Needles: 4.5mm

Pattern:  Noro Striped Scarf, available here
Yarn:       3(ish) skeins of Noro Blossom
Needles: 5.5mm
Mods:     I only cast on 21 stitches as I thought I might be a bit short of yarn, it worked out just about the right length.

Comments