Tea Time Treats

The last couple of weekends I've been on a bit of a baking drive, whipping up a range of tea time treats many from the lovely cook book I got last year. So, to make your mouths water here are a few of my favourites ...

Ginger kisses 

Treacle Soda Bread

A tea party for friends

The tea party was for Stout Fellow and his charming lady companion, who was the first and indeed only person to respond to my promise (or threat, depending on how well I cook) to hold a tea party a few month ago :) The party comprised Chelsea buns, a modified version of Nigella's retro pineapple upside-down cake, apricot short cake and that staple of tea parties, and Oscar Wilde comedies, cucumber sandwiches. The last much to the boyfriend's disgust, as he can't see the point in them.

And finally just in time for St. Valentine's Day, although made for my knitting friends not the boyfriend ...

Rachel Allen's lemon biscuits

Comments

  1. Please have more tea parties soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will happily try out tea time treats in March. Minus cucumber sanwichesfor me too! Sparkly Date Palm

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment