Tea Time!

First off, the wisp has been received by the fabric mule. There is a sentence I never thought I would be typing, sadly the story is rather more mundane than this spy-like code statement sounds, and you can read all about it here.

Today's trip round the charity shops, this afternoon rather than this morning after rather too much fun last night, was very successful.


I found this very cute handmade tea cozy. I've been thinking of knitting a tea cozy for myself for a while, but am delighted to have found this one instead. We used to have a cottage tea cozy at home when i was little, so I've always thought that a tea cozy should look like a cottage.

The cottage is made of felt, with the design worked with squares of felt, and flowers embroidered on with wool. I especially like the little latticed windows. The roof seems to be made of some kind of rough thick felted wool, a bit like carpet underlay, but it makes a very nice thatched roof.



I also picked up a new book from Oxfam Books - Its been on my list of books to read for a while, a murder mystery, set in Tudor England - what could be better!Although I doubt I'll be finding any knitters in this one.




 So with my new book and tea cozy I'm all set to curl up on the sofa with a nice cup of afternoon tea for a good read!

Comments

  1. I love your tea cozy! Wish we could wander through the charity shops together! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, fabulous tea cosy! So retro! Let us know if the book is any good will you. PS am doing course this Wed til 1pm, but will be along after that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment