DIY Chair Cushions

Several months ago I bought some foam to make cushions for our set of four kitchen chairs, although only two of them actually live in the kitchen. 

One of the chairs lives up in my bedroom, so when I had some fabric left over from covering the headboard for my bed last October (more details here) I decided to cover one of the cushions with the remnants.  I worked out the pattern myself for the first one, and I did have a bit of problem getting the corners of the cushion finished neatly, but there not too obvious.

Last weekend I decided to sort out all my fabric, and found that I still had some lovely vintage fabric that I picked up in a charity shop a couple of years ago. I love the pattern, but its quite bold, and I wasn't really sure what to do with it. But the bright jazzy design is perfect for brightening up the kitchen, and there was just enough to make two cushion covers.


Since I made the first cushion my parents have been to visit and mum gave me a copy of The Liberty Book of Home Sewing. Its a really beautiful book, with some fairly simple projects which look fantastic thanks to the use of liberty fabric. One of the projects is covering a box cushion, so I was able to use this to hone my cushion making skills. The only alterations I made was to add ties in the seams at the back, so that the cushion could be tied onto the chair.



Comments

Post a Comment