One Week, One Pattern

Tilly, over at Tilly and the Buttons, has had a great idea for a new challenge to encourage people to wear their self-made clothes - One Week, One Pattern. The idea is to celebrate well-loved patterns by wearing clothes made from the same pattern every day for a week, but styled in a different way each day.

I enjoyed my participation in Self-Stitched September 2011 so I thought I would give this a go. My biggest worry was that I wouldn't have a pattern which would be appropriate. My first thought was Amy Butler's Lotus Cami, of which I have two. Or at least I had two, until last week when my sari silk lotus ripped :(

After consulting my wardrobe I came up with the obvious answer, Burda 8611 - a nice simple skirt pattern, which I have used four times, ideal!

So, I'm all set and ready for the 24th March when the challenge begins. Who know, I might even have time to knock out a fifth skirt by then ...

Comments