Finished Project: Fair Isle Cardi

Time for a post about the second handmade gift I made for last Christmas (details of the first one here) - a knitted fair isle cardigan for my best-friend. I mentioned last November that I was becoming a bit of a fair isle fanatic, and this project dates from that time.

The pattern is Fairly easy fair isle from Stitch 'n' Bitch Nation, a pattern I've been meaning to try out for sometime. It seemed an ideal project when D told me she couldn't find a nice black cardigan. Knowing that she has long arms and has trouble getting long enough sleeves, I asked her to tell me the length of her arm, but didn't say why. Her answer informed me of what I needed to know, and told me that she assumed I was trying to solve a crime where the length of the arm was an important factor. Very Sherlockian!

Anyway, back to the knitting. The pattern was great, very clear and easy to follow. I used Drops Nepal, which knitted up quickly and is very soft. All in all I am very pleased with the project, and the only unfortunate bit was having to give it away. But then my arms are not as long as D's, so it would never had fitted me anyway.


I'm really pleased with the patterned yoke, I think the purples and green work well, and the matching purple buttons were a bit of a find.


Comments