Collar on - Sew for Victory Update

After a little bit of prevarication, mainly because I was worried about starting and making a mistake, I got to work on my Sew for Victory dress this weekend. I got on quite well on Sunday afternoon, and made the majority of the bodice of the dress.

I'm especially pleased with the collar of the dress. I agonised for ages over what fabric to use, I really wanted some Swiss dot fabric but I couldn't find any in Dublin. However, a chat with the helpful ladies in The Cloth Shop I decided on a plain white cotton, finished of with edging from A Rubanesque. They have a huge range of edgings, but I'm delighted with my final choice.

Having got on well so far, I'm now off to perfect my hand sewn button holes as I feel that machine made ones might undermine the authenticity of the project.


  1. Very nice job on the collar. It looks as if you've used a prefab collar of the time rather than cobbling something together. The edging makes it look very finished but isn't too frou-frou!


Post a Comment