Pattern Review: Project Runway 2444

A couple of months ago I bought a copy of the magazine Sew, and received a free copy of Simplicity Project Runway 2444

This pattern has been a huge success with home sewing enthusiasts, as the lovely range of examples on-line demonstrate. I needed a new dress, for another of this year's wedding engagements, so I thought I would give it a go.

The pattern gives a range of 'design options', I decided on the simple neckline, with the short sleeves and no belt. The fabric I used was a green and cream paisley sort of pattern. I was given the end of a bolt of this fabric, so I have plenty, and as a result I risked not making a muslin. I was lucky and it worked out fine.


As with others who have made this dress, I really like the way the bodices is shaped - with darts coming up from the waist. I also managed to get my pattern placement fairly spot on I think.


Does it look like the picture on the envelop?  It does.
 
Were the instructions easy to follow?  Yes.
 
Pattern alterations?  I didn't make any, and didn't need to make any fitting adjustments - bonus!

Would I make it again?  Yes, I certainly will, and I'd like to try out some of the other design options. I'm already planning a checked version with a stand-up collar, and possible a navy blue dress for work. I love this dress, it was easy to make, flattering and has pockets - what more could a girl want!




Comments

  1. I love the dress, the fabric is lovely! And yay for pockets in dresses.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment