Sourdough

I was going to write a longer post today about some new PJs I've made but I haven't had time, so instead I'm going to share some pictures of my latest baking success.

Stout Fellow visited during the week and brought me some of his sourdough starter; which he got from a friend, who got it from a friend, who go it from San Francisco. I've tried to get my own sourdough starters going before but I've not always had the best results. However this time I think I might be on to a winner; after successful sourdough pizzas last night I decided to make a loaf today and it worked out really well.


I used Dan Lepards's instructions for sourdough baking from his book Short & Sweet, and based on today's success I'll be making another loaf again soon!

Comments

  1. I love Dan Lepard's recipes - that said the only I've ever used is the Date and Tamarind cake - so maybe I should rephrase that and say I love reading his recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment