Happy Easter!

It's Easter, and a quarter of the way through through the year, so it seems like a good time to look back at those resolutions I made in January and see what progress I've made.

During 2015 I will sew at least five of my vintage or reproduction sewing patterns.

Hum, well, that would be a 0 out of 5 for this resolution so far. But, I have decided to take pact in the Spring for Cotton challenge, which means I will have to get one vintage project finished by the end of April. Plus, I'm planning to use a vintage pattern to make a dress to wear to a wedding in May. Nothing like a deadline to focus the mind!


During 2015 I will sew at least five projects using fabric from my stash.

I'm doing much better on this resolution, although you wouldn't know from reading this blog as I've been terrible about posting my projects this year. In fact I've made one pair of trousers from my stash, and nearly completed a second pair and a dress (they need a button hole and hand sewing of the lining in place to finished them). I think a 2.5 out of 5 for this resolution is reasonable. Although part of the reason for this resolution was to de-stash, and after a particularly heavy stash increasing visit home last month I fear my stash balance is seriously in the red.


During 2015 I will make at least one coat and some lingerie.

I fear this is another resolution I've not made much progress on, but I have finally got my hands on Amy Butler's Rainy Days coat pattern, so I'm heading in the right direction with this one.

Although as I don't have any waterproof fabric in my stash it will require a fabric purchase. But, as I'll be buying it for a project it won't really be adding to my stash, it will be more stash neutral :-)


My final resolution was a knitting not a sewing one.


During 2015 I will knit at least 10 project using (mainly) yarn from my stash.

I is only a 1 out of 10 for this resolution, oh dear. Much of my knitting time this year has been taken up with dad's birthday socks, but yesterday I completed my Lauriel cardigan. I'm going to do a more detailed post on my Lauriel and a pattern review, but in the meantime here is a sneak preview.


All in all it would seem that I need to up my crafting speed if I want to make my goals by the end of the year. To this end I'm taking advantage of the long Easter weekend to relax, watch TV and knit. Oh yes, and to eat the simnel cake I made.


Comments

  1. Me thinks one forgot to mention the fliberty pants

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment