#togetherstronger - Wales rocks on

I do realise that for a blog about knitting and sewing there has been a surprisingly large amount of football going on in these parts. Well, I'm sorry but it is just too exciting. Friday night's historic, spectacular, [insert your own superlative here] win over Belgium means that Wales are the smallest county ever to reach the semi-finals of the European Championships.

source


I was so excited during last Friday's match that I wasn't able to carry on with my knitting. If I hadn't I probably would have finished my Euro socks by now. Although, truth be told I also half feel that to cast off the socks before Wales have finished their run might be unlucky. As a result my toes will remain cold for a little longer.



While my socks sit on the side-line, my brother's Welsh dragon's badge is in a front-row seat as he continues his tremendous odyssey around France. He, and my dad, are currently staying with K & M from Walks Weeks near Lyon, waiting for Wales' match against Portugal on Wednesday.


Now I'm off to get ready for the final of the Great British Sewing Bee ... just to prove there is still some crafting going on around here!

Comments