August ends

Despite posting at the beginning of the month about my intention to blog more, I've not really done so and I still have a stack of finished projects to share. This is partly due to another little resolution I made at the beginning of the month, which I have been rather more successful in keeping.

Having finished my baby blanket and chevron top in July, I decided to spend August knitting up some of the ends of balls of yarn in my stash. The left overs from former knitting projects that I just can't bare to throw out. The pattern search function in Ravelry is ideal for this. It allows you to search the massive pattern database for patterns that use the amount of what ever weight yarn you have. 


In the last month I've knitted up a baby cardi and pair of fingerless mitts using left over sock yarn. (It would now be possible for me and my dad to wear matching father and daughter matching socks and mitts!) I've knitted a baby hat with the left overs from this jumper, and I've started on a scarf with some of the left overs from my chevron top.

I've found these small and quick project very satisfying to knit, and it has been great to clear some oddments out of my stash. Plus I've now got a stash of knitted gifts! I've still got a few yarn oddments left in my stash, and I think I might carry on working through them for a bit longer, especially as I don't really feel like starting on any of the bigger projects in my queue.

Depending on how I get on the leftovers, I'm also thinking of what I can make with the single skeins in my stash, some of which have been there for a while. I think all knitters probably know the problem of the beautiful single skein of yarn bought on impulse, which then lingers reproachfully in the stash :(

Having just come to this decision I met my knitting friend T for coffee today, and she gave me a lovely gift from her recent holiday in Denmark.


Yes, two more single skeins of possibilities. The one on the left is partly made of nettles!

Comments

Post a Comment