Make Nine in 2019

I've spent much of the last week planning projects for the coming year. I decided to take part in the Make Nine challenge - a year long challenge to make nine projects, putting a bit more time and consideration into them. Combine this challenge with my growing feeling of being a bit overwhelmed  (or possibly guilty) about the size of my stash, I decided to use my Make Nine challenge to use fabric, yarn and/or patterns from my stash.


Simple really, nine project using fabric/yarn from my stash? Sadly not ... there was just too much choice. And how to split it? Four knitting and five sewing projects? Five knitting and four sewing projects??????  In the end I decided there was only one possible answer - a Make Nine for knitting AND a Make Nine for sewing!


I found my sewing Make Nine fairly easy to pick, there is something of a vintage theme to the nine, and I'm hoping to up my jumpsuit game this year. The only fabric I haven't matched to a pattern is the boiled wool in the top right corner (which is more red than pink in real life) - I'm thinking of a tailored jacket of some kind. I'm also putting it out there and saying I'm going to try making a quilt this year, using some of the fat quarters (top left) which have been piling up since I subscribed to the SewHayleyJane subscription box.


Despite, or perhaps because, of the vast size of my yarn stash, I found it really difficult to pick just nine projects. In the end I picked the nine yarns, or groups of yarn, I wanted to use, and match most of them to patterns or at least garment types. These nine will, hopefully, become;
  • a hat
  • fingerless mitts
  • socks
  • a jumper
  • something sparkly and delightful
  • another jumper
  • a tank top
  • a cardigan
  • and something fair isle, which will also use up lots of the ends of balls of 4ply I have

I really enjoyed planning what I would make for my Make Nines, hopefully I have as much fun making them!

Comments

  1. Good to see you back Hazwool! Great projects! 😊 Just thinking about your lovely fat quartets and what a beautiful quilt they will make and .... wondering if you might consider making one of your gorgeous circular skirt instead of just throwing it over a bed .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry .. quarters .. although quartets sounds quite nice too!

      Delete

Post a Comment